Community discussions

MikroTik App
rb751newbie
刚刚加入了
Topic Author
加入: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

3 RB751U mesh setup? HELP!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:52 pm

:?We just received 3 RB751U routers and i need some help with the setup of these 3.

Basicly the goal is to set them up WDS, The client has a main router and One of the rb751 will get a (WAN) eth connection, the client DOES NOT want to run CAT-5 to the other 2 rb751's

Ive tried to call my suppier but they just told me to read the wiki page, i did that over and over but there is not enough information for me.

Could someone post, how to setup these devices? WDS / MESH / virtualAP / Something.

Thanks in advance.
用户头像
nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
加入: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:52 am

Re: 3 RB751U mesh setup? HELP!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:01 am

OK, this is not a pictorial step by step guide, I expect you to still do SOME work!:-)(But come back if youreallyget stuck)

设置一个ll RB751U's wireless interfaces to 'ap bridge' mode on wlan1. Change the wlan1 SSID, freq band and freq to be all the same and whatever you want it to be. (All APs must be the same channel and SSID for the WDS system to be able to find each other, they can't scan and find other APs, as they are not clients, but APs+WDS)

Now create a new bridge interface called bridge1 and change the spanning tree mode to RSTP mode. (on the STP tab in winbox for the bridge interface)

Add real physical interfaces (such as ether1) to the bridge1 bridge interface (look under ports)

Add an IP address range to the bridge1 interface (eg 192.168.88.1/24)

Back on the wireless interface, on the WDS tab, select dynamic mode and select the WDS Default Bridge to 'bridge1'

Now move over to the second RB and do the same again, except give a different IP to the bridge1 interface, e.g. 192.168.88.2/24.

Repeat for all others.
rb751newbie
刚刚加入了
Topic Author
加入: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 am

ill give it a try and let you know.
Thank you for the quick reply

:)
syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
加入: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 am

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 am

I have run this exact setup in my lab. It works.

As an alternative, you can create a mesh interface and put the WDS links into the mesh (basically replace bridge with mesh in the previous directions). This is only 'better' if you have a chain of devices and one end cannot see the other ( more than 3 devices, think 9+)