Community discussions

MikroTik App
rednetwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Can you route mark Vonage.

Sat May 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello, we have 4 ISP links and we would like to route all traffic going to Vonage down one link? I have tried nearly everything i can think of and i cant get it to work, same thing with everything i try, the remote phone rings, and thats it, cant hear the other person and also does not ring on the phone which is calling from. If this is a config error i need some help as Vonage support is poor at best.

We have all the links as Masqurade. Has anyone done it or know a way i can do it?

Darren
WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can you route mark Vonage.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Try first with only one ISP connected. If it works than do the same but with one of the others. If it works with only one ISP but not when several are in use it is probably routing issue.
rednetwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat May 07, 2011 5:46 pm

All of the links are from the same provider, i am sure its a routing or NAT problem, just i dont know where to start.. Any advise would be great.

Thanks

D
WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 07, 2011 6:10 pm

所以每个WAN连接的网关是相同的.
Still try first if it works if only one line is connected. Than at least you know that works. Than start searching this forum for multple WAN with same provider topics. I have seen several of these but have to start browsing my self as well for the specific topics.

One of the things to do is to setup PCC loadbalancing with failover. Search for these words in both Wiki manual and this forum and plenty of info will be presented to you.
blake

Sat May 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Hello, we have 4 ISP links and we would like to route all traffic going to Vonage down one link?
Code:Select all
/ip firewall mangle add chain=prerouting passthrough=yes action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=voip dst-port=5060-5061 protocol=tcp add chain=prerouting passthrough=yes action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=voip dst-port=5060-5061 protocol=udp add chain=prerouting passthrough=yes action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=voip dscp=46 comment="Vonage RTP traffic" add chain=prerouting passthrough=yes action=mark-routing connection-mark=voip in-interface=LAN new-routing-mark=WAN-VoIP /ip route add routing-mark=WAN-VoIP gateway=
I haven't tested this, although I believe something like this should work.
rednetwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 am

Thank you, i will try it out 1st thing in the Morning.