Community discussions

MikroTik App
Reiney
Topic Author
加入: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:22 am

层2 filtering and forwarding

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:58 am

Hello,

I am in the process of transitioning a 400+ CPE wireless network from a bridged to a routed topology. Eminating from our central office are six backhaul links which fan-out to associated APs and clients. I am going to be using PPPoE, RADIUS, and OSPF for client connections and I have this part set up and working.

The problem is that I need to maintain the bridged network (for some time) as all radios, APs, and switches are configured with a /8 network mask. So, on each cable from the backhaul links, I would like to forward all traffic that is not PPPoE (ie. all non-CPE traffic) back out of the Routerboard (RB493) on another port while allowing PPPoE traffic to continue normally.

From what I've read, PPPoE uses ethernet frame types 0x8863 and 0x8864 and if I had a different Routerboard, it looks like I might be able to do this with a rule set for the switch chip. However, it would seem that the 493 chip set does not support this so I am hoping to do something similar with connection tracking and/or ip firewall. Is this possible? Can I filter/switch/route at Layer 2 using the bridge w/ "use-ip-firewall" enabled?

Any ideas are *greatly* appreciated:-)

Thanks,
Reiney Brown