MikroTik App
spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author
加入: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:48 am

Interim update radius problem.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Hello, I'm using hotspot and freeradius. I have an issue that the interim accounting update does not seem to be working. Its set at 00:10:00 It updates fine with logout but for some reason no interim updates are taking place? I am still using 3.30 on the board and wonderd if anyone had knew of or experienced this issue before I go to the trouble of upgrading. I know a few config things will change so didn't want to upgrade if I don't need to.
SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
加入: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:31 pm

再保险:临时更新半径问题。

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 pm

I use v3.30 and it updates fine. Insure you have port 1813 open in your RADIUS server firewall. Port 1812 is auth and 1813 is accounting.
spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks for the idea but it's not that. After more investigation it just seemed to happen with one user who called us saying their gigs were not showing used on account control panel but when we logged them off manually it updated. Maybe there is some weird circumstance when that can happen. I guess I will need to find out why try to and replicate it somehow.
SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
加入: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:38 pm

It is just the user's popup window (with statistics on it) that is not displaying the current values? That is updated with a meta refresh. Is it showing the transfer updates in your RADIUS database every 10 minutes?

If there is a value set in the router's hotspot variable "refresh-timeout", and a valid time in the variable "refresh-timeout-seconds", then it should update, unless the user has some security setting set that doesn't allow meta refresh. ??
spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi, No it's actually some weird circumstance were one particular users accounting was not going through. In the hotspot logs you can see successful accounting responses so it's not a general problem. After I logged them out and back in it's working normally now. I didn't even reboot the hotspot. So yeah it's a weird one. I will have to see if it replicates again ever to do further investigations.