MikroTik App
xxiii
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author
加入: Wed May 31, 2006 12:55 am

routing lockups 50b4/5

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:21 pm

We are seeing numerous routing lockups in 5.0b4 and b5, and I'm wondering if anyone else is?

路由器的追求ion are running BGP with ipv4/ipv6/l2vpn protocols distributed over an ipv6 peer link. The routers are also running OSPFv2 and OSPFv3. OSPF is handling loopbacks and links, BGP is handling everything else.

The symtoms are that BGP peering to the affected routers dies, on the affected routers: /ip route print hangs (and will eventually generate an error message if one waits long enough), and sometimes an autosupout will be generated. All of our b4/b5 routers seem to hang at the same time (indicating some routing update seems to be triggering the problem). Manually generating a supout will usually restart routing (but we usually just reboot).

(And yes, I've sent the autosupouts off to support).

The problem does not appear to be present in 5.0b2 or in 4.9/4.10 (or other 4.x). This morning, I reverted one of our 5.0b5 routers to 5.0b3 to see if the problem occurs there. This seems to occur at least once every couple of days or so.

A couple weeks ago, I was trying to deploy VPLS via BGP in our 5.0 test chain of routers, and the lockups were happening several times a day, so apparently something in MPLS/VPLS exacerbates the problem.