Community discussions

MikroTik App
spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

hotspot (ip of dns name) goes to 0.0.0.0 sometimes by itself

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi, Yes occasionally the ip of dns name appears as 0.0.0.0 and we have to restart the hotspot to resolve? I'm using 3.30 at the mo. I can upgrade to 4x but am a little orried to do that now as its a live setup but if someone confirms for example its a fixed issue then I will upgrade.
SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hotspot (ip of dns name) goes to 0.0.0.0 sometimes by it

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:59 pm

I use V3.30 in a couple of my routers. Works ok here. Just to check, you have the same ip that shows in that entry assigned static to the hotspot interface, correct?

When this happens, does the interface show running in "/interface"?
Any log entries?
spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:20 pm

It happens very occasionally and I haven't been able to see anything in logs? When it happens the interface is still working. Its just the hotspot page does not load as I guess it can't forward to the correct IP? Not sure how MT sets the variable but if you look on the hotspot server settings in winbox it will just say IP of DNS name = 0.0.0.0 by disabling and reenabling the server it resets and then works till next time.
SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:37 pm

What hardware is this on? Which interface is the hotspot on? Is there a dns name assigned to the hotspot?
spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 am

This was on a 450g but I've had it happen on 433ah as well before. The IP of the hotspot is set as well as the dns name in the hotspot settings and also in the dns settings the entry is there. I have only just noticed that when this problem happens if I use winbox to connect to the router and goto hotspot section, under servers tab, then click on the hotspot1 link the basic settings for the hotspot are shown in the new window. At the bottom for information only the wording "IP of DNS name" will report 0.0.0.0 when normally it shows the IP that we set in the hotspot profile.
SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 am

通常多长时间后重新启动它吗before it fails again?

I use the CLI, and it shows the ip as "hotspot-address".

One of my V3.30 routers is a 433ah. I haven't had this problem with it, and it is one of the first 433ah units sold. I've upgraded the OS on it a couple times. It's been running 3.30 with a hotspot for a while now. A couple months maybe.

Did you use Winbox ip hotspot setup to set up these hotspots? I use "/ip hotspot setup" in the CLI. The only thing I need to enter is the interface, change the "maquerade network" to no, and a default user. All else, like ips, dns, and dhcp, should be correct. It's just enter-enter-enter.
spire2z
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:24 am

It could be months or years even. Its very rare but over like 6 years its happened 3-4 times at different sites. I use winbox to configure it normally? Don't have problem using terminal just seems to take me longer so generally use winbox. I usually setup manually with the settings not using the wizard? Only other thing is usually I run hotspot on a bridge interface.
SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 pm

The bridge interface is assigned the hotspot ip/netmask, correct?
I think the hotspot setup in Winbox and CLI are basically the same.