MikroTik App
clarkstyx
常客
常客
Topic Author
加入: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:26 pm

best vpn to use using dynamic dns

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:28 pm

guys,can anyone tell me which among the types of vpn will work best with dynamic dns or can be used to setup dynamic to dynamic vpn, thank you
duvi
常客
常客
加入: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: best vpn to use using dynamic dns

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:26 pm

I don't think it matters which vpn you want to use with a dynamic dns. You just need a script, that regularly checks if the remote dynamic ip has changed, and then edits the config.
If you want, I can post my script for openvpn.
clarkstyx
常客
常客
Topic Author
加入: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:26 pm

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:29 pm

I don't think it matters which vpn you want to use with a dynamic dns. You just need a script, that regularly checks if the remote dynamic ip has changed, and then edits the config.
If you want, I can post my script for openvpn.
sure can you post it please? right now im using change-ip as my dynamic dns provider and im also using a scheduler on that script, so i guess what i need right now is a script that will reconfigure the vpn configuration when the remote ip is changed.
duvi
常客
常客
加入: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:23 pm

The script was rewritten from the original changeip script.
Code:Select all
# Define User Variables :global ovpnhost "Put remote ovpn server DNS hostname here" :global ovpnif "Put local ovpn client interface name here" # Define Global Variables :global ovpnip :global ovpnlastip :if ([ :typeof $ovpnlastip ] = nil ) do={ :global ovpnlastip "0" } # Grab the current IP address of server. :global ovpnip [:resolve $ovpnhost] :global ovpnlastip [ /interface ovpn-client get $ovpnif connect-to ] # Did we get an IP address to compare? :if ([ :typeof $ovpnip ] = nil ) do={ :log info ("OVPN: Cannot resolve " . $ovpnhost . ", please check.") } else={ :if ($ovpnip != $ovpnlastip) do={ :log info ("OVPN: Updating " . $ovpnif . " IP address from " . $ovpnlastip . " to " . $ovpnip ) /interface ovpn-client disable $ovpnif :delay 2 /interface ovpn-client set $ovpnif connect-to=$ovpnip :delay 2 /interface ovpn-client enable $ovpnif } else={ :log info "OVPN: No update required." } } # End of script
用户头像
hilton
Long time Member
Long time Member
加入: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 pm

so i guess what i need right now is a script that will reconfigure the vpn configuration when the remote ip is changed.
:global "vpn-interface-name" "pptp-vpn" :global "vpn-dns-name" "remotevpn.yourdomain.com" :global "new-vpn-ip" [:resolve $"vpn-dns-name"] :global "current-vpn-ip" [/interface pptp-client get $"vpn-interface-name" connect-to] :if ($"current-vpn-ip" != $"new-vpn-ip") do={ /interface pptp-client set [find name=$"vpn-interface-name"] connect-to=$"new-vpn-ip"}
This should get you going.
mh348
刚刚加入了
加入: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:37 am

Thu May 24, 2012 5:19 pm

so i guess what i need right now is a script that will reconfigure the vpn configuration when the remote ip is changed.
:global "vpn-interface-name" "pptp-vpn" :global "vpn-dns-name" "remotevpn.yourdomain.com" :global "new-vpn-ip" [:resolve $"vpn-dns-name"] :global "current-vpn-ip" [/interface pptp-client get $"vpn-interface-name" connect-to] :if ($"current-vpn-ip" != $"new-vpn-ip") do={ /interface pptp-client set [find name=$"vpn-interface-name"] connect-to=$"new-vpn-ip"}
This should get you going.
Hi

How do I use this with a Open Vpn setup ?

Looking at the last two lines I guess I have to change the interface type so that it will "read" the ovpn interface that I specify in line one... I tried both "ovpn-out" and "ovpn-client", but it doesnt seem to work.