Community discussions

MikroTik App
jimbojones
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author
加入: Mon May 04, 2009 12:47 am

Can RouterOS Save Queue totals across reboots?

Mon May 04, 2009 12:54 am

Is it possible for the queue tx/rx bytes to be saved onto disk, so that upon reboot, they continue from the point they left off?

Basically, I have a need to monitor bandwidth, but it is unfeasible in my situation to use remote servers to send traffic flows to. My needs are simple, as I just need the total up/down on a monthly basis, but i'm struggling, as if the power goes out at any point in the month, I don't know where each persons usage stands anymore.

If this is not possible, is there anything out there that can poll the RB to give each queues total tx/rb bytes? That way I could write a simple program to poll the RB's several times a day.

Thanks in advance to any help/suggestions

Jimbo.
JJCinAZ
加入: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:03 am

Re: Can RouterOS Save Queue totals across reboots?

Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 pm

什么是不可能的ue totals saved to disk. You would need to write a polling system (using API or SSH scraping) or a push system (script collecting data and FTP that off the router disk). Search in forums and the Wiki to see what other people may have written.

You could also use a system such as MRTG or Cacti to monitor queue bytes and/or packets via SNMP if you are using queue trees (simple queues have no SNMP at this time).
jimbojones
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author
加入: Mon May 04, 2009 12:47 am

Mon May 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Is it me, or is that a seriously overlooked feature? It cannot be difficult for Mikrotik to implement, so if anyone from Mikrotik is listening, can I request that feature please, also, to be able to export individual simple queues via snmp would be invaluable.

I've trawled the forums for several days now and have yet to come across something which would help, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks

Jimbo
用户头像
Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
加入: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:15 pm

Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 pm

to be able to export individual simple queues via snmp would be invaluable.
/queue simple print oid