Community discussions

MikroTik App
altaai
刚刚加入了
Topic Author
加入: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:12 am

Please who can help me ?

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:03 am

I have router board RB 1000, 4-lan port ,i want to use lan1 for public internet,lan2 and lan3 for users using hotpots and i want to pot pix firewall before lan1 this is static (not change).Now the question is who can i use lan4 for remote management using winbox ? ,and i want the users (lan2&lan3)take the internet from lan1 only not from lan4 if i connect lan4 to same switch that lan1 is connected ??
Lupin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
加入: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Please who can help me ?

Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:05 am

I did not understand what you need with LAN4
Who can manage rb with winbox?
If lan4 is exposed on internet with his ip all user with user and pwd can manage the rb..
You should use at least 2 separate switches for lan2&3 and
用户头像
piotr_uzar
刚刚加入了
加入: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 pm

Re: Please who can help me ?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:22 pm

I didn't understand to well what did you meant but, If you connect lan1 and lan4 to the same switch ( I don't know why ) you are gaining acces to your mikrotik from the both devices ( If you won't block it in firewall ), and if you are connected using lan1 to the internet, then you can connect to the mt using internet as well. If you are afraid that someone can connect to your mt if he will have acces to the switch,then you can create a VPN, and set allow only acces to mt from the ip adress you will add in the VPN.