MikroTik App
dvs
Topic Author
加入: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:11 pm

Mirotik as proxy client only for certain sites / IP's

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Hey guy's.

I have a nice one here:)
I'm running a RB450 with 1 port on DSL, 2 ports for wired LAN, 1 port for the Wireless network (both running hotspot and PPPoE servers) and the final port on a seperate private network (lets call it LAN-X).

Every thing is working hunky dory - the next thing I want to do is route access from the hotspot networks to the web servers on "LAN-X". This is still the simple part (I think). Set up routes for destination network...etc. The problem comes in where "LAN-X" is a network configured with a proxy server. So in order for me to brows the servers on "LAN-X", I need to configure the mikrotik port on that network as a proxy client so that any sites / hosts to be accessed on that network uses the proxy settings.

Could any one give me some suggestions?
This is obviously not a simple case of "configuring proxy on mikrotik". I'm thinking some combination of transparent proxy mixed with proxy rules will be required. But then again, I haven't worked a lot with mikrotik proxy settings in the past, so I'm pretty much in the dark here and could be way off.

I don't want to proxy ALL traffic on my hotspots, so I need to set it up so that only traffic routed thru the "LAN-X" port uses the proxy settings...

对于那些喜欢pictures, I'm attatching one for you:)

Thank you for looking into this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
用户头像
hilton
Long time Member
Long time Member
加入: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Re: Mirotik as proxy client only for certain sites / IP's

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:00 pm

It would seem a lot easier to simply allow requests from the wireless network to bypass the LAN-X proxy server.

You 'could' configure the proxy on the Mikrotik to use the LAN-X proxy as its parent proxy but this would then be for ALL connections via the Mikrotik proxy.

Not 100% sure I'm actually following you though.
用户头像
janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
加入: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:46 am

Re: Mirotik as proxy client only for certain sites / IP's

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:18 pm

you can do it in 2 ways:

1) add cache rules, that allow you to set what to cache and what not
proxy config

2) create list of addresses you want to cache and only that forward transparently to your proxy
address list + nat