Community discussions

MikroTik App
antenman
Topic Author
加入: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:30 pm

Eoip through another Eoip

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 pm

I have a situation that needs one EOIP tunnel to be channeled through another EOIP tunnel.

As far as I see it, it should not be a problem, but before I commit to this in production enviroment, I would like to know if somebody can confirm that there would be no problems with that configuration. On every device is latest 3.x ROS .
Diganet
加入: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:30 pm

Re: Eoip through another Eoip

2008年11月13日星期四上午点

I have a situation that needs one EOIP tunnel to be channeled through another EOIP tunnel.

As far as I see it, it should not be a problem, but before I commit to this in production enviroment, I would like to know if somebody can confirm that there would be no problems with that configuration. On every device is latest 3.x ROS .
Why don´t you use VLANs instead of putting extra overhead from another EOIP tunnel?

/Henrik
JJCinAZ
加入: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:03 am

Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Yes, the EoIP in an EoIP should work just fine. You're overhead will be huge due to the extra 84 bytes per packet. Make sure you have TCP MSS adjustments in place to minimize fragmentation.
用户头像
maximan
Trainer
Trainer
加入: Sat May 29, 2004 12:10 am

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 am

You can try M3P, this could help you.

Max