Community discussions

MikroTik App
jo2jo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Activation email for user manager = JOKE???

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:27 am

I'm trying to setup a hotspot with billing and its been quite an adventure. but with the help of the forums and wiki i have it setup and working right, with paypal (MTos version 3 b6 )However ive hit a brick wall that just blows my mind..

HOW CAN YOU EXPECT PEOPLE WHO ARE SIGNING UP FOR HOTSPOT SERVICE TO ACTIVATE THEIR ACCOUNTS BY CHECKING THEIR EMAIL ?!?!

the idea is they CAN NOT GET ON THE NET UNTIL THEY PAY.

Here is how it works now, User sees my AP...connects to it. Gets a page that says log in or click signup button which redirects to ->http://routerIP/user?signup=publicID

they fill out form and PUT IN EMAIL ADDRESS then they have to somehow check their email to activate their account? so they can THEN add money via paypal (which is working great for me in my tests so far.)

there has to be some way to disable this..how could this ever work as a hotspot GW??

sorry if i come off hostle i just cant stand to see all the work i've done over the past 48hours on these hotspot..go down the drain over somehting that logically does not make sense.

That said, i know i must be doing something thing wrong..

tks
normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:43 pm

这是一个错误,我们正在修复它。抱歉的inconvenience.
jo2jo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:24 pm

phew..ok that makes sense.

everything else is working great re 3.0b6 on a WRAP board with the paypal integration.

tks
normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:40 am

we made it so that the customer is provided with payment options, pays, and the account for him is created automatically, and details sent to his email (provided along with payment). no confirmation is needed, because account is made and activated at the time of payment
Boo

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:42 pm

we made it so that the customer is provided with payment options, pays, and the account for him is created automatically, and details sent to his email (provided along with payment). no confirmation is needed, because account is made and activated at the time of payment

I can't seem to find where it can be set up this way.

Boo
normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:47 pm

the new version is not out yet ...
Boo

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:58 pm

Any timeline on releasing the new version, everything I found searching this site says last month.

Thanks,
Boo
janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:25 am

new versions come out from time. and it is not scheduled to come out once in a month or any other timeframe
Boo

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:00 pm

I ment the new version of userman with the new paypal setup.

Kind of confusing since this thread was started in the wrong section.

Boo
janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:57 pm

with next version then
Boo

Still a joke

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:27 am

Still does not activate account, tried with and with out IPN. Does not even show started in userman.

this is version 2.9.41

Boo:cry:
Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:51 pm

Forgive me, but I don't understand the logic here. The customer has to access the user page before buying credit. Where does he get the login for the user page?

Perhaps this is for a small hotel where the desk gives you a ticket, but in an airport, train station or public spaces?

Are you telling us this is what Boingo uses?
bjohns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:55 am

"because account is made andactivatedat the time of payment"

I take that to mean that they pay, account is enabled, they are logged in automatically. Thus they will now have access to their e-mail to obtain a username/password for subsequent sessions...
Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:35 pm

But in order to pay they first have to access the usermanager's user page. For this they need a password - no?
Boo

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:41 pm

But in order to pay they first have to access the usermanager's user page. For this they need a password - no?
This was fixed in .41, there is still some quirks with paypal.
Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:05 am

I am using .41 and if the user goes to the user page, i.e http://Router_IP_address/user?subs=publicID he sees a login page asking for username and password.

How has this been fixed??
normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:19 am

Forgive me, but I don't understand the logic here. The customer has to access the user page before buying credit. Where does he get the login for the user page?

Perhaps this is for a small hotel where the desk gives you a ticket, but in an airport, train station or public spaces?

Are you telling us this is what Boingo uses?
当他打开任何网页,他是重定向到hotspot login, where there is also an option to register in the system (you have to manually put this link into your hotspot login page).

for this to work you have to configure user manager, allow signups, allow paypal, and add the link to the hotspot html page
Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:19 pm

So I have created a customer with public ID, added sign up, Paypal option and credit. Now when I click the link it takes me to the sign up page - which works - but the username and password fields are already populated with the customer's login :?:

How can I make these blank so the user chooses his own login?
normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:37 am

you have told your browser to save your user manager login values, that's why they are there. if a new user opens this page for the first time, they will be blank.

we are working on a full manual for this, i'll post the link later.
Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:52 am

Will there be an option to customise the user page? I'm sure all hotspot operators would wish it to appear as part of their portal.