Community discussions

MikroTik App
Wesley
Topic Author
加入: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:00 pm

winbox won't connect using the mac address.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:54 pm

I am running fedora core 9 and got wine installed and winbox ver. 2.2.13, everything works fine, except winbox doesn't pick up any routers when I press the [...] button, and I can't access router via their mac address, I get a time out error.

Any tips or hints?

thanx.
cybertime
加入: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:45 am

再保险:winbox不会使用mac地址连接。

2008年12月11日,星期四1:12 am

I can't access router via their mac address
MAC addresses only apply when dealing with a layer 2 connection, like two devices connected to the same switch.

As for the ... button, it also can be limited to things connected to the same switch.

Are you behind more than one router? Or are you behind one, and the other routers on the other side of that one?

Are you using a bridged network?
用户头像
normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
加入: Fri May 28, 2004 11:04 am

2008年12月11日,星期四1:48 pm

+ check if there are no firewalls on your PC or inbetween
leoware
刚刚加入了
加入: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:29 pm

Thu May 07, 2009 12:30 am

II'm using wine 1.0.1 to use WinBox and I can't connect to the Mikrotik using the mac address.
I'm directly connected to the Routerboard (eth to eth), and clicking on [...] nothing appear, so I've to startup windows to guess the ip address of routeros and get back to linux again.
I was trying to use neighbour viewer with not results at all.

There is any configuration we should make on wine config or something else to get winbox fully functional on linux?

Why Mikrotik don't release a winbox version for linux thinking in the way linux and unix are the SO most used by networks administrators, even routeros use linux kernel.

greetings!
Leonardo Rivanera
用户头像
hilton
Long time Member
Long time Member
加入: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Thu May 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Yep, winbox on wine doesn't seem to work properly. I've only just tried this so I'm not that familiar with wine.
missinlnk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
加入: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:10 pm

Thu May 07, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm posting this from a Fedora Core 10 box running Winbox, Netinstall, and The Dude (test environment). The ... button will work under Linux, however we only run the three applications as root. I could be wrong on this, but we were never able to find a way to make some of the functionality work without running the 3 apps as root.

You should be able to just sudo the applications so you don't have to run your whole environment as root.

Scott
paulthebishop
刚刚加入了
加入: Sat May 09, 2009 9:13 am

Sat May 09, 2009 10:01 am

I can't access router via their mac address
MAC addresses only apply when dealing with a layer 2 connection, like two devices connected to the same switch.

As for the ... button, it also can be limited to things connected to the same switch.

Are you behind more than one router? Or are you behind one, and the other routers on the other side of that one?

Are you using a bridged network?

Bugger I'm dumb. Took me ages to figure out why i couldn't connect after mucking around with the settings:lol:
berzerk
刚刚加入了
加入: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:18 pm

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 pm

I think I have finally replicated this problem and found out what is going on. In order for mac-winbox to work properly, you must have an IP address, subnet mask, AND default gateway configured on the interface connecting to the MikroTik. Without this information, wine doesn't have a route to the destination network. It will give a "sendto error 10051" in the console. Hope this helps everyone out.
用户头像
hilton
Long time Member
Long time Member
加入: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 am

thanks, I will try this out.
DieselPower
加入: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:01 am

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:38 am

To work around this problem I have always invoked "dhclient eth0" and let it give up, then the ... button will work. Also I didn't have this problem until KDE4 came out, I have no idea what that would have to do with it, but I does make a difference??? I actually ran KDE3 for a long time on my laptop just because of that problem until I found the dhclient work-around.
koffu
刚刚加入了
加入: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:16 pm

I think I have finally replicated this problem and found out what is going on. In order for mac-winbox to work properly, you must have an IP address, subnet mask, AND default gateway configured on the interface connecting to the MikroTik. Without this information, wine doesn't have a route to the destination network. It will give a "sendto error 10051" in the console. Hope this helps everyone out.

Thank you very much!!!
I waste a couple of hours to fix the problem, the solution was very easy...:lol:
elmer
加入: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:42 pm

In connection manager set firewall zone as trusted;)Works perfect!
ParsagachkarDev
刚刚加入了
加入: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:34 am

try disabling the interfaces that you are not Using on your PC! I'm always having trouble connecting to a mikrotik router when I've got extra interfaces around (especially my virtualbox and vmware connections)